This Policy applies to our retail stores as well as our online web stores.
What Information Do We Collect and Why?
The information we receive from you when you register or purchase any Themptations service helps us to identify you, and ensure that only you have access to your account. This information is taken to protect your account with us and to allow us to respond to enquiries, questions and comments with ease. This includes your name, address, email address, password and username. This information may be collected in these ways:
- Purchase or return merchandise at one of our Stores;
- Consent to receive promotional email, text messages and other communications;
- Visit or register on our Websites
- Participate in our contests, sweepstakes or promotions;
- Participate in one of our surveys or other customer research;
- Apply for employment;
- Contact or visit our Customer Service
Our website also automatically collects other information such as your IP address, if you are a registered user or not, what items you viewed or purchased and navigational information. This information is available to the individual account holders of Themptations as it pertains to their account only by request.
Email, SMS Text Messaging and other Communications
We may collect personal information such as first and last name and email address to send you email, text messages and other communications about products, services, promotions or events that may be of interest to you. We use this information to tailor our communications to you. You can opt-out of receiving promotional email from us by doing one of the following:
- If you originally signed up for email on our Website, please return to the “Subscribe Now” page on the Websites, and click on the “unsubscribe” link, then enter your email address and click the “Submit” button. Please be sure to use the same email address as that which you used to sign-up, otherwise it may not be possible to comply with your request.
- If you have received an email, you can follow the opt-out or “unsubscribe” instructions provided in your email.
- Contacting our Customer Service Department by clicking on our Contact Us page on our Websites or by calling 1-866-988-8881.
Hours of operation:
- Monday to Wednesday between 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (Eastern Time).
- Thursday to Saturday between 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Eastern Time).
- Sunday between 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time).
If you have signed up to receive SMS text messages, you may opt out by following the opt-out instructions provided in your SMS messages.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
Any information Themptations collects from you is only collected to help us better serve you and do our job. We never willingly distribute information to third parties and confidentiality is very important to us. As we collect and use information about our customers, we may contract with vendors to assist us in processing that information. If we decide to use this information for any other purpose than listed in this policy, we must and will obtain your further consent. The information that we collect that is both general and specific will be shared within our organization to perform the activities you’ve requested. The information collected may also be used in the following ways;
- fulfill orders and requests for products, services or information;
- process returns, exchanges and layaway requests;
- detect and protect against fraud and error;
- establish and manage your accounts with us;
- track and confirm online orders;
- deliver or install products;
- track and analyze your purchases and preferences to better understand your product and service needs and eligibility;
- market and advertise products and services;
- communicate things like special events, promotions and surveys;
- tailor our online content or in-store offerings to you based on your interactions with us and your preferences;
- conduct research and analysis;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business
How Long are Files/Information/Comments Kept?
Upon service termination and nil balance in existing accounts, information is generally kept for up to a year. This helps us know your existing history and have a better understanding of what we need to do for you. It saves time and the need to re-enter any information already collect if you choose to renew a service or reactivate your account. We do however respect your wishes and will be more than willing to instantly terminate all remaining files at your request. We never use them for any purpose other than listed above.
How Do We Ensure Your Information is Protected?
Themptations has safeguards in place to ensure your personal information is protected. This includes physical means such as locked filing cabinets and a security/alarm system. Technological means include storing all database information etc. on a secure server. In addition, a password is required to access any information once access to the server is granted. Only employees of Themptations have access to the stored information. Information is never used for any other purpose other than to provide our clients with the best possible service. We never distribute information to third parties unless it is needed to further assist you or register you with services we do not provide. In this case, you will know who the company/s are and will have agreed to this transfer of data.
All on line credit card transactions are processed via PayPal processing. PayPal is known world over as the premiere online payment processor and is considered to be very secure.
Changes to the Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically to reflect changes to our personal information practices. The revised Privacy Notice will be posted on the Websites, and is available by requesting it from Store Management at our Stores. We strongly encourage you to please refer to this Privacy Statement often for the latest information about our personal information practices.
Contacting our Privacy Officer
Registered users of Themptations may contact our Privacy Officer if:
- If you wish to update and/or correct inaccuracies with your personal information
- You have a complaint or comment about the manner in which we or our service providers handle your personal information.
Privacy Officer Contact Info:
180 Christina St. N.
Sarnia, Ontario N7T 5T9
519 344-0606 or email at email@example.com